Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ken Griffey Jr.

Talk about a sad day in baseball...Ken Griffey Jr. officially retired and sadly, I feel like a little part of my youth has died. The Kid has always been one of my favorite players of all time. I will miss his positive attitude, his big smiles, his backwards cap, his Nike ads, and his golden glove plays made in CF. I still have my unopened 1989 Upper Deck complete set that I have treasured since a teenager since it has his rookie card in it. This and my autographed Mantle ball are probably my most treasured baseball items. Unfortunately, Griffey Jr. had a bunch of injuries that really slowed down his career. He probably would have broken Aaron's all-time HR record. Nonetheless, Junior should be a first ballot Hall of Famer. Junior, you will be missed. Thanks for all of the great memories !!!

No comments: